MEETING: Community of Solutions May Meeting
May 30, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm| Free
What can We Do to Bridge Gaps Between Existing and Missing Mental Health Resources in Fairfax County?
Hear from our panel and then as a community take action to create and provide mental health resources that are still needed.
Dr. Bob Phillips: Overview of The Practical Playbook chapter written by COS.
- Virginia Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Dr. Sandy Chung, President: Virginia Mental Health Access Program (VMAP) and its efforts to create effective referral networks across the state.
- George Mason University’s Dr. Christiann L Esposito-Smythers, Director of Clinical Training: The evolution of the community Systems of Care approach.
- Dr. Robyn Mehlenbeck, Director of GMU Center for Psychological Services: GMU’s work with schools and community services.
- INOVA’s Kellar Center’s Dr. Rick Leichtweis, Senior Director of the Inova Kellar Center: Adolescent services and facilities, particularly the expansion of adolescent psychiatric beds.
- Fairfax County Government’s Peter Steinberg: Parent Navigator and Healthy Families.
We hope you will come to connect, learn, and ideally act to help others deal with stress and mental illness. We are in this together.